Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Its been a while

And I really must apologise to my neglected blog.  Life got a little crazy there and I just couldn't keep up.  I'm recommitting myself to posting a little something every day, even if its just a cute photo of the boys or a quote I enjoy.

My birthday was earlier this month, and with Halloween coming *squee* October is one of my favorite months.  Dragon decided he wanted to be a ninja this year.  The costume is rather cute, and when Rockstar decides he wants it for next year, it will probably hold up well enough to do that.  Rockstar really wanted to be War Machine.  It was a bit of a fiasco getting him one.  The stores in town didn't have any left in his size.  So he agreed to just be Iron Man.  Of course he wanted the nearly $50 Iron Man with the light up CIRCLE on the chest, not the triangle Mom, the circle.  So we grabbed it to be on the safe side and Mom went on an online scavenger hunt to find a War Machine he'd like and fit into.  Turns out I combo'd some sale prices and discounts and got him a War Machine and the shoulder cannon (which he is absolutely tickled about) for less than his glowing Iron Man.  Wooo!  So Iron Man went back to the Halloween store and War Machine will be going trick-or-treating this year.  On a side note, when I ordered War Machine, I also ordered a Pac-man costume for the hubby.  He's very pleased.  Now I have to make myself a ghost costume. *sigh*  another craft project I probably won't finish *snicker*

Oh, and a tip for all you costume shoppers out there.  The costumes almost always run a full size small.  Seriously.  Rockstar is wearing a 7/8 costume.  He is just fully fitting into size 5 in clothes.  So, watch that.

Stay tuned for updates on the rag rug, mario afghan and ghost costume.  As well as maybe a recipe this week and more random stuff you don't really care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment