Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Been away, have some chili!

Took a little break the last few days.  No inspiration and a lot of other stuff that needed my attention more.  Cooking is my only truly successful creative outlet so I plan to share recipes from time to time.  I'm always looking for new ideas and variations on old favorites so feel free to share too!  Yesterday's dinner was particularly successful.  All the adults liked it and 3 of the 4 kids who ate it liked it.

Kate's Awesome Chili

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1/2 lb spicy ground sausage
  • 1 14oz can petite diced tomatoes with onion
  • 3-4 cans of beans (any variety I usually use red & black)
  • 1 pkg chili seasoning (use your favorite)
  • 6oz tomato sauce OR
  • 1C roasted red pepper soup (use this if you can get it)
  • 1/2C diced onion (I skip this if I use the soup)
Directions:
  1. Brown turkey & sausage together in a skillet.  Add onion to meat and cook until translucent.
  2. Drain beans and pour into dutch oven or crock pot (my preferred method).
  3. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. ( do not drain tomatoes)
  4. Cook on low at least 4 hours.  Longer is better.
  5. Serve witth cornbread.
  6. Don't count on leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment