Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sleep is overrated, right?

Ok, so the hubby is out of town this week. He crawled from our warm cozy bed at 5:30 Monday morning to get on a plane and fly to fabulous CANADA! Well, Monday night I go to bed at the very reasonable hour of midnight, and at 3:30 I’m still awake. AWESOME!
I get up at 7:30, hustle Dragon outta bed and off to school. Thankfully Rockstar decided he wanted to watch Voltron all morning, so I got to snooze off an on until noon. The downside to this little blessing is that when midnight rolled around last night, I was wide awake. Ugh.
At 3:30 I finally turned off the tv, and laid there in the dark for at least an hour. I’m totally batting a thousand in the sleep department. So, today I’m attempting to stay awake instead of napping.
Theoretically I should be able to sleep tonight. In actuality I’m probably going to spend all day as a zombie, end up feeding the kids dog food for dinner and crash at 6pm. This means I’ll be up at like 2am and unable to return to dreamland. Starting the whole vicious cycle over again.
Sleep, why do you torture me so? Canada, send my hubby back, pleeeeease!

2 comments:

  1. Second try at commenting as I am an idiot who deleted her first attempt....

    Hi there, I am going to come back later when I have more time but I wanted to leave a quick comment.

    I was over at epbot. I saw your comment about the coin table, about not being able to have nice things.

    I wanted to pay you a blog visit as my house (well my would be in laws house, but they don't live with us) is falling to bits. Damp problems, space, no central heating etc.

    Anyway, then I noticed you had a post titled Special Needs.

    My son is autistic.

    ps hope you get the slepp problems sorted

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my little corner of the web! I'm hoping to be a little better about posting, but I'm sure you know how suddenly busy things can be with kids around. I plan to talk more about Dragon and his therapies etc. I know I'm not the only mom out there who is going through all of this.

    ReplyDelete